Meet Akia...









How long have you been natural? 
I've been natural since February 2009. Actually that's when I had my big chop, but I did transition for about 3 months. I am an avid youtuber, juststylefree is my channel, and I was inspired to go natural by watching chescaleigh hair birthday video. I originally locked my hair but after 2 months of that I decided I wanted to keep my hair natural and let it get as long as possible before locking it.
What do you use? 

  • I regularly use shea butter to keep my hair from drying out.
  • I consistently use coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil and olive oil for moisture as well.
  • I use castor oil to help keep shape to my styles and I use grapeseed oil as a heat protectant when blow-drying my hair.
  • I also use eco-styler olive oil gel.
  • I'm not a huge product junkie but I have used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in conditioner.
  • My favorite conditioner is the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Deep Conditioner. I am still trying out Giovanni's Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
  • For shampoo I use the almond scented Castile Soap when clarifying and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo.

What's the best part about being natural? 
For me the best part about being natural is the liberation of being able to rock my hair in it's natural state- just the way it grows out of my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against relaxers. My motto is "to each his own" but I love knowing that my hair is healthy and that I can rock a style in my own unique way because I have a texture, curl, length, color, and grain that is unique to me.

What regimen have you found to work best with your hair?
 I've found that co-washing once a week, twisting or braiding every night, clarifying once a month or as needed according to product usage, and moisturizing with oil and water daily is what works best for my hair.




Thank Akia for sharing. I am lovin that pic =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...