Avocado Hair Treatment....


FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. But lesson learned!!!
Enough said right?!? This past weekend I was inspired to do an avocado hair treatment from a youtuber. I have tried to do one in the past but I picked the wrong one (don't get the really green ones, make sure they're soft). So after mixing everything up, which I'm glad I did because those chucks would have been a HUGE PAIN IN THE REAR END!!! The consistency was amazing, thick and creamy. The amount of avocado was right on point. The curl definition was unexpected and INCREDIBLE!! Rinsing it out wasn't bad...so I thought!!! After rinsing everything out I co-washed and then looked in the mirror and there it was....hundreds of little pieces of avocado still in my hair. I wasn't really upset then because the youtuber said after you co-wash, detangle, and style those little pieces should fall right out. Umm no not really. I had already detangled a little before I applied the treatment but did it again in hopes of getting rid of the strands. I ended up using two combs, a  shower comb and a smaller toothed comb (not rat tail), and then twisted it up. The next morning I took the twist out...of course that could have been the best twistout in the world but the strands of whatever were still there and weren't planning on going anywhere. So to cut this story short it has been two days since I applied the treatment and the strands are still there :[  I don't even remember seeing them in the bowl when I was blending it.
 There is probably a lot more in there closer to the scalp and under the hair you see here. Click the pic for a closer view.
The sad apart it is that I was supposed to be studying when I was twisting my hair up...lol Normally I research things like this before so this kinda of stuff doesn't happen. I have learned my lesson!!!
I have tried co washing it out and shaking it out but nothing seems to work. I guess I'll just have to keep picking them out when I see them. Any suggestions??? 

2 comments:

Renise B said...

Oh no! That really sucks. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is pick them out. I read about pple having the same trouble when using other fruits such as bananas. They say the trick is to strain the fruit a few times after you blend it to get out the strands and chunks. After that, mix it with whatever other ingredients you'll be using. Good luck getting all that out out your hair. Oh, and you're right, that is a fierce twist out!

Ms COCO said...

I have done the avacado deep conditioner twice. First time I used the banana with the avacado and olive oil that left "crumbs" in my hair, but it was all gone after I washed and combed out my hair. I did another deep conditioner 3weeks ago just with avacado and no "crumbs" I blended the avacado until it was creamy with no lumps. I also used a steam cap.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...