Meet Brittiney....





How long have you been natural?
I have been natural for 6 months. I did the big chop in February 2010 after transitioning for 9 months. During those 9 months I educated myself about natural hair through YouTube videos, blogs, and hair forums. 


What do you use?
Water- the best moisturizer
Shea butter mix [whipped shea butter with coconut and castor oil]
Glycerin mix [vegetable glycerin, aloe vera gel, water, rosewater]
Non-sulfate shampoos [Giovanni, Dr. Bronners]
Cheapie conditioners such as: Suave, V05, Herbal Essence, Garnier Fructis, Aussie for cowashes
Yes to Carrots, Yes to Tomatoes and Yes to Cucumbers- all super moisturizing for my bi-weekly deep condition treatments. 


What’s the best part about being natural?
Definitely, the growth. I can see my hair growing and my blowouts/fros getting bigger and bigger. I’m retaining length without putting forth any effort at all, and I love it. I have gone from neck length to shoulder length in five months and I am in absolute awe! 
What regimen have you found to work best with your hair?
Low manipulation all the way. I wash my hair once a month and cowash twice a month, only deep conditioning on wash day. I wear two strand twist for a week and then a twist out puff for the next, and start all over again. That’s it! 


How do you rock your natural hair?
My hair is still in the growing outward stage and has yet to reach the growing downward stage, so I am rocking twist out puffs for now. I usually dress my puffs up with accessories, such as: flowers and headbands. 


What’s your signature style?
Simple, low manipulation, tension free…..puffs! I was told that puffs are not categorized as protective styling, and that they could hinder growth. However, my experiences with puffs have been the opposite. I experience no breakage or knots, and for some reason my hair thrives with this style. So for now, puffs are my go to signature style.
 

Blog: http://coilylajon.blogspot.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...